Reduced-tail-swing design and independent-swing boom increase versatility
MOLINE, Illinois (Jan. 28, 2015) – Professionals in the commercial concrete and masonry construction industries will get an up-close look at Hitachi Construction Machinery-Americas’ ZX85USB-5 excavator showcased in booth #C5461 at the World of Concrete show in Las Vegas, Nev., held February 3-6.
Part of Hitachi’s ultrashort-class excavator line, the ZX85USB-5 provides nimble production on a variety of jobs. Its reduced-tail-swing design allows work in tight areas, and the independent-swing boom enables efficient work close to curbs, parallel to structures and in congested areas. Other ultrashort models include the ZX75US-5, ZX135US-5 and the ZX245USLC-5.
ZX85USB-5 features include:
- Fuel-efficient, powerful performance with EPA Final Tier 4/EU Stage IV engine.
- Nimble production with reduced-tail-swing design.
- Parallel digging with independent-swing boom.
- Added stability and fill capability with standard blade.
- Reliable performance with enhanced LCD monitor.
- Built-in strength with tungsten-carbide coated surfaces and D-channel side frames.
- Balance of production and efficiency with two work modes.
- Minimized maintenance with extended fluid change intervals and ground-level service access.
- Added versatility with optional rubber pads and a variety of track widths.
- Greater operator comfort with spacious cab and fingertip controls.
“Our line of ultrashort excavators provides efficiency, reliability and durability on a variety of jobs,” said Mark Wall, product marketing manager at Hitachi Construction Machinery-Americas. “With the ZX85USB-5, customers get the quiet, powerful performance that Hitachi is known for with the bonus of versatility from its reduced-tail-swing design and independent-swing boom.”