Optimism ruled at the record-breaking CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2017 show, which drew nearly 128,000 attendees and more than 2,800 exhibitors this year to Las Vegas on March 7-11.
Thousands of attendees stopped by Hitachi’s booth and discovered why owners and operators are “Hitachi To The Core” and how Hitachi equipment helps them make good on jobsite promises to customers every day.
“Hitachi leverages its expertise and legacy of meeting demanding mining applications to deliver efficient, reliable and durable construction equipment,” said Carlos Uriarte, division manager, Hitachi Construction Machinery – Americas. “Hitachi owners experience the benefits of the equipment on a daily basis and are extremely loyal, which served as part of our inspiration for this year’s Conexpo theme: ‘Hitachi To The Core.’”
Check out Hitachi's show highlights:
- Attendees got up close and personal with five EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV Hitachi excavators at the show: the ZX60USB-5 (featuring a new canopy option), ZX135US-6, ZX210LC-6, ZX350LC-6 and ZX870LC-6. Hitachi also unveiled two new models: the ZX30U-5 compact excavator and the ZX345USLC-6 reduced-tail-swing model.
- Additionally, Hitachi previewed a new factory-integrated grade guidance option designed to help contractors get jobs done while keeping operating costs low. A Trimble factory-integrated grade guidance system was displayed on the ZX210LC-6 utility-class excavator, and a Topcon 2D system was displayed on the ZX350LC-6.
- Hitachi also officially launched its new Core Parts Promise, a dealer stock program that promises quick parts replacements for Hitachi’s production-class excavators, and is designed to maximize efficiency and uptime for Hitachi owners and operators. For a list of participating dealers and more details, visit HitachiConstruction.com/CorePartsPromise.
- Hitachi dealers, management and customers took a break from the show and were treated to an exclusive hospitality luncheon on Wednesday, March 8. It was much more than your average box lunch!
- More than 3,000 booth visitors proved they were “Hitachi To The Core” by sporting one of the show’s hottest giveaway items: Hitachi tattoo sleeves! Attendees posed for photos and showed off their new ink throughout the show! Plus, they signed up for The HERD, an exclusive group for Hitachi owners, operators and fans.
After five days and a record 260 129 m2+ (2.8 million ft.2+) of equipment and exhibitors, we wrapped up CONEXPO-CON/AGG and are already planning for the next show. We’ll see you in 2020!