- An Isuzu engine (equivalent to EPA Tier 2/EU Stage II) delivers fuel-efficient and reliable performance.
- Fuel pressure, timing and volume are precisely regulated by electronic control for efficient combustion with Isuzu’s common-rail fuel injection system.
- Auto-idle automatically reduces engine speed when hydraulics aren’t in use. Auto-shutdown further preserves fuel.
29 ft. 1 in.
19 ft. 7 in.
More efficiency, reliability and durability. That’s exactly what you get with the ZX160LC-5. This excavator is easy to transport and features a number of productivity-boosting advantages. An Isuzu engine delivers fuel-efficient and reliable performance. Grouped service points simplify maintenance. A spacious cab keeps operators comfortable and more.
In addition, the ZX160LC-5 comes standard equipped with five years of ZXLink™ Ultimate, giving you 24/7 online access to machine location, health, utilization, fuel consumption, and other valuable information – so you can better understand costs and jobsite performance.
- Box-section track frames, thick-plate single-sheet mainframe and large swing bearing deliver long-lasting durability.
- With large idlers, rollers and strutted links, the sealed and lubricated undercarriage delivers long, reliable performance.
- Reinforced D-channel side frames provide maximum cab and component protection.
- When the digging gets tough, just press the power-boost button on the right-hand control to muscle through. It’s standard on the ZX160LC-5.
- Changing hydraulic flow is done by the push of a button, right from the seat.
- Generous flow, arm force, and swing torque help speed cycles and keep you productive and on schedule.
- Multi-language LCD monitor and rotary dial provide access to a wealth of info and functions. Just turn and tap to select work modes, check diagnostic codes, monitor maintenance intervals, set cab temperature, make simple attachment hydraulic-flow adjustments, plus more.
- Ergonomically correct short-throw pilot levers provide smooth, precise fingertip control with less movement or effort. Pushbuttons in the right lever allow fingertip control of auxiliary hydraulic flow for operating attachments.
- Automatic, high-velocity bi-level climate-control system with automotive-style adjustable louvers helps keep the glass clear, the cab comfortable and the operator productive.
- Optional cab-mounted lights, an additional boom-mounted light and rearview camera help show the way, regardless of when or where you work.
- Low-effort joysticks, a highly efficient HVAC system and plenty of storage space maximize comfort and convenience.
- Hinged service doors provide wide-open access to cooler cores for simplified debris clean-out, and easy-to-reach dipstick and nearby coolant reservoir make daily checks and/or additions quick and easy.
- Remote-mounted fuel- and engine-oil filters are positioned in the right rear compartment for simplified ground-level servicing.
- Fresh-air cab filter is quickly serviced from outside the cab, so it’s more likely to get done.
- Centralized lube banks place difficult-to-reach zerks within easy reach to help make greasing less messy and time consuming.
- Grouped service points make quick work of the daily routine. Easy-to-check sight gauges and fluid reservoirs, quick-change remote mounted vertical filters, and extended engine and hydraulic oil service intervals minimize downtime for periodic maintenance.
- The diesel particulate filter (DPF) is easily removed for servicing through the top of the engine compartment.
- The ZX160LC-5 is standard equipped with Hitachi’s ZXLink™ system, giving you the power to optimize your operation and maximize your profits. With the support of your dealer you can use your data to reduce idling time as well as maximize productivity and uptime. Without ever leaving your seat you’ll have access to fleet location, functions, hours, fuel consumption, alerts and other essential machine data. You can also view location and alert information in the field from your iOS or Android devices.
28 ft 3 in ft/in
10 ft 2 in ft/in
8 ft 6 in ft/in
10 ft 2 in ft/in
12 ft 10 in ft/in
8 ft 4 in ft/in
8 ft 6 in ft/in
6 ft 6 in ft/in
29 ft 1 in ft/in
28 ft 7 in ft/in
29 ft 2 in ft/in
20 ft 3 in ft/in
18 ft 10 in ft/in
19 ft 7 in ft/in
84.5 gallons (US)
33 gallons (US)