- Fuel-efficient Yanmar engine meets EPA Final Tier 4(FT4)/EU Stage IV emission standards provide reliable and powerful performance.
16 ft. 1 in.
9 ft. 2 in.
With the ZX30U-5 you get an excavator that starts when you do and doesn’t know the meaning of the word “quit.”
The reduced-tail-swing design on the powerful ZX30U-5 makes it perfect for work in congested or confined areas. A fuel-efficient Yanmar engine that meets EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV emission standards provides reliable and powerful performance. A spacious cab with wider, easier entry and better visibility won’t cramp your style. And maintenance is easy thanks to enhancements such as improved access to coolers. When you choose the ZX30U-5 you get the efficiency, reliability and durability Hitachi is known for.
- Unique steel cores within rubber tracks resist cracking, and large-diameter drive sprockets and track idlers make for a rock-solid undercarriage.
- Steel hydraulic lines are clamped securely, and wear resistant hoses are protected with Cordura® covering.
- Heavy-duty X-frame provides a solid, stable platform that resists material buildup.
- Versatile rubber tracks minimize ground damage and allow machines to cross virtually any terrain, including paved surfaces.
- Standard backfill blade adds versatility, enabling these compacts to grade and backfill, as well as provides extra stability.
- O-ring face-seal hydraulic fittings virtually eliminate aggravating and costly oil leaks.
- Easy-to-read upgraded display shows operating information, hours and fuel level at a glance.
- Track speeds automatically slow to low whenever a heavier load is encountered and then return to high when the load normalizes. No pedal or operator activation is required for high-speed travel.
- Go from backhoe- to excavator-style controls with just a twist of your wrist. Control-pattern selector valve is conveniently located in a compartment beneath the seat and includes a sight glass that displays the selected pattern.
- Ergonomically correct short-throw pilot levers provide smooth, precise control with less effort.
- Spacious operator station has a wide entryway, making entering and exiting the cab easy.
- The durable, redesigned cab meets the ISO standard for rollover protective structure (ROPS) certification.
- Routine checks such as engine oil level are quickly accomplished from ground level. Convenient lube/maintenance chart helps ensure that nothing gets overlooked.
- Hydraulic fluid sight gauge and see-through coolant reservoir let you quickly check levels at a glance.
- Spin-on filters make fluid changes quick, and extended oil intervals let you work longer.
- Side-by-side cooling cores resist trash buildup, and an additional steel door provides improved access for efficient cleaning.
14 ft 7 in ft/in
8 ft 2 in ft/in
5 ft 1 in ft/in
5 ft 5 in ft/in
6 ft 11 in ft/in
2 ft 7 in ft/in
5 ft 1 in ft/in
4 ft 1 in ft/in
16 ft 1 in ft/in
15 ft 2 in ft/in
10 ft 5 in ft/in
9 ft 2 in ft/in
11.1 gallons (US)
6.3 gallons (US)