- The Isuzu EPA Tier 3-certified engine features a common-rail injection system that increases engine output while lowering fuel consumption.
82,012 lb. ft.
The largest of the Hitachi Forester family, the ZX370F-3 is a powerful force to be reckoned with. The purpose-built machine is equipped with a tough, next-class-up swing and travel system and a strengthened, rugged upper-structure and heavy-duty undercarriage.
As opposed to retrofitted excavators patched together for logging use, Hitachi foresters are built specifically for forestry work in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. The processing front is purpose-built for forestry work and eliminates the need for boom-tip and hoist-cylinder adapters. With the ZX210F-3 in your fleet, you can count on efficiency, reliability and durability.
- Hitachi foresters feature one of the most aggressive guarding packages available. It includes heavy-duty side and upper-deck panels supported with reinforced bulkheads, guards to protect the hydraulic-oil filler cap and exhaust stack, a heavy pump door with support bracket, sealed underdecking panels and a tough three-piece purpose-built engine enclosure.
- Strong boom-tower arrangement, thick base plates, after-welding machining in critical areas and large-diameter swing bearings make the ZX370F-3 extremely durable.
- Robust structures, next-size-up components, drive systems and heavy-duty track chains deliver efficiency and durability.
- The ZX370F-3 comes standard with rock guards, belly pan, travel motor guards and log deflector.
- New heavy-duty booms and arms are ready to take on all applications, whether it be building roads or processing or handling trees.
- The ZX370F-3 has the same proven hydraulic systems found in Hitachi’s construction and mining excavators.
- The rugged, space-saving monitor is compact but easy to read.
- The ZX370F-3 Forester represents the very best in productivity and efficiency, with highly refined, computer-chip-controlled engine/hydraulic performance.
- The side-entry cab has integral vertical bars and polycarbonate windows, meeting all safety requirements for forestry applications while maximizing visibility.
- The durable cloth seat features a reclining back with adjustable armrests and headrest for extra comfort.
- Depending on your application, the cab comes mounted on either a 178-mm (7-inch) fixed or 1219-mm (48-inch) hydraulically tilting riser. All models have optional rear-entry cabs with integral 1219- or 1828-mm (48- or 72-inch) risers.
- An optional air-ride heated seat offers low-frequency suspension with automatic weight adjustment, variable-suspension damper, double-locking roller slide rails, seat-cushion extension and tilt and adjustable armrests.
- External screening, sealed cooler compartment and optional automatic-reversing fan help eliminate the downtime associated with cooling system cleaning.
- Three-piece heavy-duty engine enclosure, new under-house protection system, new hydraulic filter guard, muffler protection and heavier right rear door all work to keep the machine’s valuable components safe from damage.
- Sturdy, well-placed handrails and eruption plate are located to make access for routine service safe and easy.
- Remote-mounted engine and hydraulic oil filters and dynamic test ports help make routine maintenance a breeze.
- The cooling package is laid out side by side, with a swing-out AC condenser for easy servicing. And the standard 1048 liter (277-gallon) fuel tank allows for extended run times between fill-ups.
- Integrated in the left-side guarding, the debris management system keeps materials and debris from entering the cooling-package area to enhance your total productivity. The improved design pulls the air entering the cooling system through fine screens – filtering out particles too large to pass through.
- Hitachi foresters are available as road builders, harvester/processors, live-heel log loaders, butt-n-top log loaders and stroke delimber carriers.
- With a hydraulic system designed specifically for Waratah heads, Hitachi Forester processors deliver top-of-the-industry performance, productivity and uptime.
36 ft 9 in ft/in
12 ft 6 in ft/in
11 ft 6 in ft/in
16 ft 9 in ft/in
13 ft 3 in ft/in
12 ft ft/in
2 ft 5 in ft/in
11 ft 1 in ft/in
8 ft 10 in ft/in
277 gallons (US)
52 gallons (US)
82012 lbf / ft
76.1 x 2 gallons (US) / min