Heavy-duty excavating that’s light on fuel
Need to move some serious dirt? The ZX870LC-5 is your answer. Both brawny and smart, this machine is more than a match for whatever challenge it may encounter. Loaded with numerous new features, the ZX870LC-5 features a quiet-running fuel-efficient Stage 3a emissions Isuzu engine; generous arm force, dig force and lift capacity; fast work cycles; and a comfortable, more spacious cab with easy-to-operate controls.
The ZX870LC-5 comes standard equipped with five years of ZXLink™ Ultimate, giving you 24/7 online access to machine location, health, utilization, fuel consumption, and other valuable information – so you can better understand costs and jobsite performance.
- The Stage 3a emissions Isuzu engine is fuel efficient and meets rigid emission standards.
- Auto-idle automatically reduces engine speed when hydraulics aren’t in use. Auto shutdown helps reduce fuel usage.
- Strong, reinforced D-channel side frames provide maximum cab and component protection.
- Built with large idlers, rollers and strutted links, the sealed and lubricated undercarriage delivers long, reliable performance.
- You get rock-solid durability from a thick-plate, single-sheet mainframe, box-section track frames and large, double-seal swing bearings.
- Loaded with greater horsepower and optimized hydraulics for bigger arm- and bucket-digging forces, you can get more work done every day.
- Exceptional flow, swing torque and lift capacity give you the power for mass excavating and truck loading.
- Multi-language LCD monitor and rotary dial provide a wide variety of information and control. Simply dial and tap to select work modes, monitor maintenance intervals, check diagnostic codes, set cab temperature, tune radio, make simple attachment hydraulic adjustments and much more.
- The automatic, high-velocity, bi-level climate-control has automotive style adjustable louvers. It helps keep the glass clear and the cab comfortable.
- The short-throw pilot levers are ergonomically correct for smooth, precise control with less movement and effort. When digging conditions become more demanding, the operator can handle it by simply pressing the power boost button.
- Short-throw, low-effort controls, unmatched metering and smooth multifunction operation provide extremely smooth, highly precise operation.
- Lights, camera, action! Cab-mounted lights, two boom-mounted lights and a rearview camera give excellent job vision, regardless of when or where you work.
- Operators can enter easily using the large, self-cleaning steps, convenient handholds and wide entryway.
- Lots of storage space. There’s room for a cooler, cup holders and even a hot/cold box that keeps food or beverages at the right temperature.
- Visibility is further improved with narrow front cab posts, large overhead glass and numerous mirrors. The rearview camera also enhances visibility, making it easier to monitor activity.
- The Machine Information Center (MIC) provides vital machine performance date, easily accessible via the LCD monitor and ZXLinkTM Ultimate.
- Vertical spin-on fuel, hydraulic and engine oil filters make service easy and reduce messes. All filters and checkpoints are conveniently grouped.
- Coolers are highly-protected behind heavy-duty hinged doors and are easily accessible. Swing-out coolers make cleanout even simpler.
- Centralized lube banks provide easy-to-reach zerks that help make greasing less messy and time consuming.
- Large fuel tanks and 500- and 4,000-hour engine and hydraulic oil-service intervals reduce downtime for regular maintenance.
- You get unsurpassed parts and service support from your Hitachi dealer. Sourced from 11 regional parts depots, any critical part you ever need is readily available.
- The diesel particulate filter (DPF) is easily removed through the top engine compartment. The minimum service interval is 4,500 hours.
- A reversing fan back-blows cooler cores to reduce debris buildup and increase uptime.
- The ZX870LC-5 is standard equipped with Hitachi’s ZXLink™ system, giving you the power to optimize your operation and maximize your profits. With the support of your dealer you can use your data to reduce idling time as well as maximize productivity and uptime. Without ever leaving your seat you’ll have access to fleet location, functions, hours, fuel consumption, alerts and other essential machine data. You can also view location and alert information in the field from your iOS or Android devices.
48 ft 7 in ft/in
15 ft 8 in ft/in
13 ft 5 in ft/in
16 ft 9 in ft/in
20 ft 10 in ft/in
15 ft 1 in ft/in
40 ft 6 in ft/in
39 ft 5 in ft/in
39 ft 5 in ft/in
26 ft 8 in ft/in
22 ft 11 in ft/in
23 ft 5 in ft/in
293 gallons (US)
132 gallons (US)