Coming Soon: Integrated Grade Control
Precision excavation tasks will soon get easier thanks to Hitachi Solution Linkage Grade Control with Topcon.
This new technology, previewed in the Hitachi booth at CONEXPO/CON-AGG, allows an operator to set a grade and hold it. The new integrated technology increases efficiency while also lowering daily operating costs.
“With Solution Linkage Integrated Grade Control with Topcon, our customers will combine the smooth hydraulics and fast cycle times of Hitachi excavators with advanced grade technology in one package,” said Jonny Spendlove, product marketing manager, excavators, Hitachi Construction Machinery – Americas. “This technology is all about saving time and making good operators great.”
This technology will be available on select Dash-6 construction excavators and arrives ready to work thanks to installation and calibration at the factory. Contact your local Hitachi dealer today for more information.
- A real-time grade indicator allows you to manage the grade without leaving the cab. The machine controls the boom and bucket as the operator handles the arm.
- Integration into the machine's cab and structures helps shield key components such as wire harnesses from damage.
- 2D Grade Control displays the elevation of the cutting edge in relation to a benchmark while 3D Grade Control with Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) displays position and elevation with respect to a global reference.
- The need for grade stakes is reduced and grade checkers can be re-assigned to contribute elsewhere on the jobsite.
- System data can be sent to ZXLink for analysis. ZXLink's machine monitoring and health alerts help keep you up and running.