- Fuel Consumption Optimization (FCO) technologies improve total fuel economy by 6 percent* through engine options and hydraulic system improvements (*comparison of Cummins engine configuration against the EX1200-6).
50 ft. 4 in.
37 ft. 9 in.
30 ft. 9 in.
15 ft. 8 in.
The EX1200-7 has the power and performance you need to get the job done. Available in both front-shovel and backhoe configurations, the EX1200-7 features the latest advancements in engine and fuel optimization technologies to provide you with efficiency, reliability and durability for all kinds of jobs.
You get strong horsepower, reduced fuel consumption through the Cummins engine and hydraulic system improvements, simplified maintenance, a comfortable cab, powerful arm and bucket-digging forces and more.
The EX1200-7 comes standard equipped with Hitachi’s Global e-Service remote machine management system, which gives you access to each on-site machine from a PC in your office.
- Computer assisted analysis is used to determine the most effective design for frame longevity to withstand the demands of the mining operation.
- Hitachi’s exclusive center track frame delivers optimal stress dispersion through the use of specifically designed castings to reduce welds in critical high stress areas, ensuring a stronger frame with improved durability and reliability.
- The proven Hitachi-patented track shoe design mitigates premature wear of the drive-lugs. Each shoe is induction hardened, utilizing Hitachi’s unique processes to deliver a more durable solution.
- A forged swing circle distributes stress evenly around the most demanding areas of the component, improving machine sturdiness.
- Floating pin design is adopted for bucket linkage. This helps to reduce wear by evenly distributing the load around the pin and minimizing dust ingress. A replaceable thrust plate minimizes maintenance time caused by extreme contact wear to the surface.
- The advanced hydraulic system tops the industry for smooth, efficient, combined operations of the front attachment and swing, delivering quick cycle times.
- If load to the hydraulic system becomes excessive while the boom is being lifted, an automatic change in the main relief pressure setting will increase lifting power, improving operability and efficiency.
- The control of both the arm and boom is achieved through a Hitachi proprietary leveling cylinder mechanism, using just one arm lever. This means the bucket can automatically be pushed out horizontally using a single movement.
- A redesigned hydraulic oil cooler with variable speed fan reduces energy demand and creates a more reliable hydraulic system.
- Each individually controlled hydraulic pump has its own electric regulator, enhancing engine power, lowering fuel consumption, and increasing productivity to lower the total cost of operation.
- The multi-functional display provides key machine information, performance indicators and on-board troubleshooting functionality through the use of the integrated dial switch interface. It’s fitted with an LED backlight to provide improved clarity with reduced glare and reflection.
- When digging in hard rock environments, Power Boost Switch can be temporarily activated to increase pump pressure and maximize hydraulic power in the front attachment.
- The cab rests on 6-point, support type, fluid-filled elastic mounts. These significantly reduce shocks and vibration for operator comfort and improve cab durability.
- Tinted, laminated windows and retractable front and side roll screens help to reduce heat, glare and harmful UV rays.
- The Level II Operator Protective Guard (OPG) provides protection from falling objects, ensuring an added layer of safety and assurance to the operator.
- The pressurized cab’s climate controlled air conditioning helps to overcome environmental extremes.
- Wide center walkways and open service areas offer ease of access for daily maintenance tasks and make engine, hydraulic and electrical component inspections easy.
- The EX1200-7 comes with an optional auto-lubrication system for a bulk excavation front attachment, which supplies grease to the superstructure including bucket pins.
- Contamination sensors are located on all main hydraulic pumps to detect any contaminants that may cause damage to the hydraulic system.
- Radiator and oil cooler fans can be reversed to eject dust on cores and screens. This reduces the need for labor-intensive maintenance and extends the life of components.
- The redesigned center joint employs the machine’s hydraulic oil to self-lubricate, reducing daily maintenance.
- With Global e-Service, an online machine management system, you can access each on-site machine from a PC in your office. You can get its operating information and location to increase productivity. Operating data and log are sent to a Hitachi server for processing, and then to customer and dealers. This system is available 24/7/365.
- The optional Aerial Angle system provides the operator with a real-time birds-eye view around their excavator. Cameras strategically mounted on the machine combine to a single aerial view of the EX2600-7 surroundings. Multiple screen display options can be selected on the cab’s 7-inch Aerial Angle monitor for ease of operation.
47 ft 10 in ft/in
17 ft 9 in ft/in
16 ft 8 in ft/in
21 ft 4 in ft/in
16 ft 1 in ft/in
15 ft 1 in ft/in
12 ft 10 in ft/in
40 ft 6 in ft/in
26 ft 3 in ft/in
45 ft 3 in ft/in
44 ft ft/in
26 ft 1 in ft/in
26 ft 7 in ft/in
449 gallons (US)
171.2 gallons (US)