Mining Excavator & Shovel
54 ft. 6 in.
46 ft. 2 in.
27 ft. 1 in.
12 ft. 3 in.
Rock solid performance
The EX2600-7 is a powerful workhorse you can count on. The machine features the latest advancements in engine and fuel optimization technologies to provide you with efficiency, reliability and durability in the toughest mines.
You get strong horsepower, reduced fuel consumption through engine selection and hydraulic system improvements, simplified maintenance, a comfortable cab, powerful arm and bucket-digging forces and more. It’s available in backhoe and front-shovel configuration, and you can choose between a Cummins or MTU engine.*
The EX2600-7 comes standard equipped with Hitachi’s Global e-Service remote machine management system, which gives you access to each on-site machine from a PC in your office.
*Also available in the U.S. and Latin America as an electric powered shovel. Download Features and Specs Brochure for more information
- Choice of Cummins or MTU engine in Final Tier 4 (FT4) or Fuel Calibration Optimized (FCO) configurations.
- Fuel Consumption Optimization (FCO) technologies reduce fuel consumption by 8-10 percent through engine options and hydraulic system improvements. (*comparison of Cummins engine configuration against the EX2600-6).
- A Hitachi TFOA-KK electric motor option is available in the U.S. and Latin American markets. The motor’s voltage of AC 6000 - 6600 V/50 Hz results in a rated continuous output of 860kw.
- Computer assisted analysis is used to determine the most effective design for frame longevity to withstand the demands of the mining operation.
- Hitachi’s exclusive center track frame delivers optimal stress dispersion through the use of specifically designed castings to reduce welds in critical high stress areas, ensuring a stronger frame with improved durability and reliability.
- The EX2600-7 undercarriage has three double-sided pedestal-designed upper rollers on each side of the track frame to maintain track shoe clearance and provide protection from debris buildup, reducing shoe and roller wear.
- The proven Hitachi-patented track shoe design mitigates premature wear of the drive-lugs. Each shoe is induction hardened utilizing Hitachi’s unique processes to deliver a more durable solution.
- Each individually controlled hydraulic pump has its own electric regulator, enhancing engine power, lowering fuel consumption, and increasing productivity to lower the total cost of operation.
- A larger hydraulic oil cooler with variable speed fan reduces energy demand and creates a more reliable hydraulic system.
- Front attachment hoses have been rearranged from the traditional arch style to an underslung configuration, removing the need for clamping, reducing chafing and increasing reliability.
- The multi-functional display provides key machine information, performance indicators and on-board troubleshooting functionality through the use of the integrated dial switch interface. It’s fitted with an LED back-light to provide improved clarity with reduced glare and reflection.
- The on-board inclinometer assists the operator with two predetermined safety limits providing extra assurance and confidence
- Integrated electronic joysticks enable precise and almost effortless operation, minimizing operator fatigue and improving operational performance.
- The new on-board electronic controller receives signals from angle sensors fitted to the main frame, boom and arm to control the pump flow rate and cylinder speed. Shock at stroke end of the cylinder cycle is reduced, improving operator comfort and lowering impact on cylinders and structures for more reliable operation.
- The Loading Shovel attachment is equipped with an auto-leveling crowd mechanism that controls the bucket at a constant angle.
- The automatic weight-adjusting air suspension seat determines the optimal cushioning effect to match the operator’s weight, enhancing comfort and minimizing vibration.
- The cab riser features a pressurizer system to reduce dust infiltration, extending service life of the electronic components and devices within.
- Tinted, laminated windows and retractable front and side roll screens help to reduce heat, glare and harmful UV rays.
- The Level II Operator Protective Guard (OPG) provides protection from falling objects, ensuring an added layer of safety and assurance to the operator.
- An escape chute has been added to the side of the cab for use in an emergency.
- The centralized fast-filling system provides easy access from the ground to refill and evacuate lubricants, water, grease and fuel.
- Contamination sensors are located on all main hydraulic pumps to detect any contaminants that may cause damage to the hydraulic system.
- Swing circle cover has been added to the outside of the swing bearing to provide protection to the lubrication piping against damage from debris.
- The new center joint uses the machine’s hydraulic oil to self-lubricate, reducing the need for daily maintenance.
- With Global e-Service, an online machine management system, you can access each on-site machine from a PC in your office. You can get its operating information and location to increase productivity. Operating data and log are sent to a Hitachi server for processing, and then to customer and dealers. This system is available 24/7/365.
- The optional Aerial Angle system provides the operator with a real-time birds-eye view around their excavator. Cameras strategically mounted on the machine combine to a single aerial view of the EX2600-7 surroundings. Multiple screen display options can be selected on the cab’s 7-inch Aerial Angle monitor for ease of operation.
26 ft 5 in ft/in
20 ft 1 in ft/in
25 ft 10 in ft/in
21 ft 4 in ft/in
19 ft 8 in ft/in
16 ft 5 in ft/in
51 ft 10 in ft/in
33 ft 2 in ft/in
54 ft 6 in ft/in
52 ft 8 in ft/in
26 ft 9 in ft/in
27 ft 1 in ft/in
1400 gallons (US)
349 gallons (US)