- The Tier 2/Stage II emissions Isuzu engine is fuel efficient and meets rigid emission standards.
25 ft. 10 in.
You asked. We listened. The ZX290LC-5 comes with even more visibility enhancement features such as more glass in the cab, additional mirrors, and an optional rear camera. It also features a quiet-running, fuel-efficient Tier 2/Stage II emissions Isuzu engine; generous arm force, dig force and lift capacity; fast work cycles; and a comfortable, more spacious cab with easy-to-operate controls.
The ZX290LC-5 comes standard equipped with three years of ZXLink™ Ultimate, giving you 24/7 online access to machine location, health, utilization, fuel consumption and other valuable information – so you can better understand costs and jobsite performance.
- Thick-plate single-sheet mainframe, box-section track frames and industry-exclusive double-seal swing bearing deliver rock-solid durability.
- Oil-impregnated bushings enhance durability and extend lube intervals to 500 hours for the arm-and-boom joint and 100 hours for the bucket joint.
- Reinforced D-channel side frames provide maximum cab and component impact protection.
- Tungsten-carbide-coated wear surfaces protect the critical bucket-to-arm joint.
- With large idlers, rollers, and strutted track links, the sealed and lubricated undercarriage is built for the long haul.
- Generous flow, arm force, and swing torque help speed cycles and keep you on schedule.
- Our HIOS III hydraulic system perfectly balances engine performance with hydraulic flow. Its hydraulic boost system and enhanced boom recirculation generate aggressive boom and arm speed – returning the arm to dig faster, so you can move more dirt in a day.
- Multi-language LCD monitor and rotary dial provide intuitive access to a wealth of info and functions. Just turn and tap to select work modes, monitor maintenance intervals, check diagnostic codes, set cab temperature, make simple attachment hydraulic-flow adjustments, plus more.
- Ergonomically correct short-throw pilot levers provide smooth, precise fingertip control with less movement or effort. Push buttons in the right lever allow fingertip control of auxiliary hydraulic flow for operating attachments.
- Automatic, high-velocity bi-level climate-control system with automotive-style adjustable louvers helps keep the glass clear, the cab comfortable, and the operator productive.
- It’s not always about brute force. Unmatched metering and smooth multifunction operation provide plenty of finesse and precision, too.
- Silicone-filled cab mounts isolate the operator from noise and vibration.
- Operators will appreciate the wide entryway, fully adjustable high-back sculpted seat and generous legroom.
- Unsurpassed visibility, ergonomically placed low-effort joysticks, a highly efficient HVAC system, plus numerous other
- Vertical spin-on fuel- and engine-oil filters are positioned in the right rear compartment for simplified ground-level servicing.
- Fresh-air cab filter is quickly serviced from outside the cab, so it’s more likely to get done.
- Centralized lube banks places zerks within easy reach to make greasing less messy and time-consuming.
- Hinged service doors provide wide-open access to cooler cores for simplified debris clean-out.
- Easy-to-navigate LCD monitor issues scheduled maintenance alerts. Should a problem arise, it provides diagnostic information to help decrease downtime.
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) is easily removed through the top of the engine compartment. The minimum service interval is 4,500 hours and can be done by your Hitachi dealer.
- The ZX290LC-5 is standard equipped with Hitachi’s ZXLink™ system, giving you the power to optimize your operation and maximize your profits. With the support of your dealer you can use your data to reduce idling time as well as maximize productivity and uptime. Without ever leaving your seat you’ll have access to fleet location, functions, hours, fuel consumption, alerts and other essential machine data. You can also view location and alert information in the field from your iOS or Android devices.
34 ft 9 in ft/in
10 ft 10 in ft/in
11 ft 3 in ft/in
13 ft 3 in ft/in
16 ft 2 in ft/in
10 ft 4 in ft/in
11 ft 3 in ft/in
8 ft 6 in ft/in
37 ft ft/in
36 ft 5 in ft/in
34 ft 4 in ft/in
24 ft 8 in ft/in
25 ft 4 in ft/in
25 ft 10 in ft/in
132 gallons (US)
39 gallons (US)