Productivity and flexibility combined.
The ZX85USB-5 ultrashort radius excavator is perfect for light residential work and projects in congested areas. The independent swing-boom lets you dig parallel to walls and foundations, and the standard backfill blade further expands versatility. Rubber crawler pads make this machine perfect for big landscaping jobs. This excavator delivers all the efficiency, reliability and durability you’ve come to expect from our larger Hitachi excavators – in an easy-to-maneuver package.
- The Yanmar engine is EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV certified and delivers fuel-efficient and reliable performance.
- Auto-idle automatically reduces engine speed when hydraulics aren’t in use. Auto-shutdown further preserves fuel.
- Box-section track frames, thick-plate single-sheet mainframe, superior ground clearance and industry-exclusive double-seal swing bearing deliver rock-solid durability.
- With large idlers, rollers, and strutted links, the sealed and lubricated undercarriage delivers long, reliable performance.
- Reinforced D-channel side frames provide maximum cab and component protection.
- Oil-impregnated bushings enhance durability and extend lube intervals to 500 hours for the arm-and boom-joint, and 100 hours for the bucket joint.
- Generous flow, arm force, and swing torque help speed cycles and keep you productive and on schedule.
- The hydraulic boost system and enhanced boom recirculation generate aggressive boom and arm speed – returning the arm to dig faster, so you can move more dirt in a day.
- Complete factory-installed standard auxiliary hydraulics with proportional control help improve productivity on the jobsite.
- Automatic, high-velocity bi-level climate-control system with automotive-style adjustable louvers help keep the glass clear, the cab comfortable and the operator productive.
- Low-effort joysticks, a highly efficient HVAC system, and plenty of storage space maximize comfort and convenience.
- A comfortable, mechanical suspension fabric-covered high-back seat provides plenty of travel, sliding together or independent of the joystick console. For even more support and comfort, a heated air suspension seat is available.
- Easy-to-navigate LCD monitor tracks various fluid levels and issues scheduled maintenance alerts and diagnostic information.
- Wider service doors and easy-access service points make quick work of daily and periodic maintenance.
- LCD monitor tracks scheduled maintenance and reminders. Should a problem arise, it provides diagnostic codes to assist in troubleshooting.
- Vertical spin-on fuel filters are positioned in the right rear compartment for simplified ground-level servicing.
- Grouped service points make quick work of the daily routine. Easy-to-check sight gauges and fluid reservoirs, quick-change remote mounted vertical filters, and extended engine and hydraulic oil-service intervals minimize downtime for periodic maintenance.
- The addition of a diesel particulate filter (DPF) and a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) reduce particulate matter and NOx. DPF cleaning happens automatically without impacting machine productivity.
- Left rear compartment houses the battery, engine air filter, freshair
cab filter and side-by-side coolers.
22 ft 5 in ft/in
8 ft 7 in ft/in
7 ft 3 in ft/in
7 ft 6 in ft/in
9 ft 7 in ft/in
4 ft 11 in ft/in
7 ft 3 in ft/in
5 ft 9 in ft/in
25 ft 3 in ft/in
24 ft 9 in ft/in
23 ft 5 in ft/in
16 ft 8 in ft/in
13 ft 9 in ft/in
14 ft 10 in ft/in
31.7 gallons (US)
15 gallons (US)