Mining Excavator & Shovel
73 ft. 2 in.
60 ft. 8 in.
27 ft. 7 in.
13 ft. 5 in.
There’s no job too big for the EX8000-6.* It’s our largest mining shovel, and it delivers incredible arm crowding, breakout force and horsepower. You get efficient engines, a comfortable cab, advanced hydraulics, a tough frame and powerful arm- and bucket-digging forces so you can get more work done every day.
The EX8000-6 comes standard equipped with Hitachi’s Global e-Service remote machine management system, which gives you access to each on-site machine from a PC in your office.
*Also available in the U.S. and Latin America as an electric drive shovel. Download Features and Specs Brochure for more information.
- Tackle any job with twin Cummins QSK60C diesel engines that meet U.S. EPA Tier 2 emission regulations.
- The rigid box design resists bending and twisting forces, giving you stability and strength on any job.
- Rugged lower rollers, track shoes and drive tumblers sustain the giant body for increased durability.
- The cast steel, center track frame can avoid stress concentration and increase reliability.
- Using the meter-in valves, ample capacity make-up valves and flow-assisting pumps, the flow speed is increased in cylinders for dynamic actions, like between dumping and digging.
- Flow-retarding control at cylinder stroke ends improves controllability and helps extend service life. This mechanism is provided for arm/bucket roll-in and roll-out.
- Electric joystick control levers provide precise and almost effortless operation.
- The multi-display LCD monitor provides machine data, operating status and alerts at a glance. The monitor can be preset to indicate replacement intervals for engine oil, hydraulic oil and filters.
- With constant correct track tension, travel is automatically stopped if the nitrogen gas accumulator pressure exceeds a preset level. Alert information and countermeasures are indicated on the multi-display LCD monitor.
- Four optional outside cameras can be mounted around the machine for enhanced visibility – virtually eliminating blind spots
- The sturdy cab protects operators from falling objects. The cab’s top guard meets OPG Level II (ISO) standards. The entire cab sits on a package of fluid-filled elastic mounts that absorb vibration for a more comfortable ride.
- The high-visibility, nine-meter (29 ft. 6 in.) cab height provides a clear view of the work site – even when loading the largest trucks.
- The air-suspension, multi-position seat can be customized to the operator’s needs and seat can be adjusted to accommodate the operator’s weight and personal preference.
- The well-insulated, pressurized cab keeps out dust and is air conditioned.
- Plenty of utility space located behind the operator seat allows for 24-hour operation. The space can accommodate a table, electric oven and refrigerator.
- High-pressure filters are located down-line from the pumps for easy maintenance.
- Folding stairs with wide steps allow for easy accessibility, servicing and maintenance.
- Convenient centralized filter system designed to make filter inspection and maintenance easier.
- The auto-lubrication system for the front joint pins and swing circle saves service time.
- A contamination sensor alerts the operator of accumulated contaminants in the oil before damage might occur.
- Ejectors automatically expel dust from the air cleaners, giving you one less routine maintenance task.
- A protective steel barrier between the engine and pump bulkhead contributes to lower heat and less potential for damage.
- With Global e-Service, an online machine management system, you can access each on-site machine from a PC in your office. You can get its operating information and location to increase productivity. Operating data and log are sent to a Hitachi server for processing, and then to customer and dealers. This system is available 24/7/365.
43 ft 6 in ft/in
32 ft 6 in ft/in
28 ft 5 in ft/in
25 ft 11 in ft/in
34 ft 5 in ft/in
27 ft 2 in ft/in
28 ft 5 in ft/in
22 ft 4 in ft/in
62 ft 4 in ft/in
39 ft ft/in
73 ft 2 in ft/in
70 ft 3 in ft/in
27 ft 3 in ft/in
27 ft 7 in ft/in
3936.2 gallons (US)
1027.6 gallons (US)